EXHIBITOR magazine is debuting a new program honoring design excellence in portable, modular, and system exhibits.
The Portable/Modular Awards competition is open to modular, system, and portable exhibits making their first appearance at trade shows between Dec. 1, 2011, and Dec. 1, 2013. The contest will be judged by a panel of marketing and design experts. Finalists will be announced in the March 2014 issue of EXHIBITOR, and winners will be honored at EXHIBITOR2014.
“…Exhibitors are increasingly turning to portable, modular, and system exhibits because of their lightweight portability, modularity, and myriad other benefits. This competition seeks to spotlight the very best exhibits within this growing category,” notes Travis Stanton, editor of EXHIBITOR magazine. “Finalists and winners will be selected by a two-part judging panel, which will examine both the aesthetic value of each design, as well as its functionality and appropriateness given the exhibitor’s specific marketing goals and objectives.”
“We anticipate that this program will help spotlight some of the industry’s best work and prove that the sky’s the limit when it comes to the versatility and possibilities of portable, modular, and system exhibits,” says Linda Armstrong, EXHIBITOR awards program manager.
Unless otherwise noted, exhibits can be entered in all categories, and projects may be entered in multiple categories (along with a fee for each category). Reconfigurable exhibits can be entered multiple times in multiple categories, as long as photos of each configuration are provided.
- 10-by-10-Foot Exhibit
- In-line (10-by-20s, 10-by-30s, etc.)
- Island/Peninsula Exhibit (600 Square Feet or Less)
- Island/Peninsula Exhibit (More than 600 Square Feet)
- Fabric — An exhibit comprising predominantly fabric components
- Flooring — Innovative flooring and/or flooring applications used within the exhibit
- Furniture — Unique furniture and/or furniture applications used within the exhibit
- Graphics — Graphics for the entire exhibit, and/or individual applications or purposes, such as info graphics, way-finding systems, product-display graphics, overhead-signage design, etc.
- International Designer — An exhibit created by a company located outside the United States. (All projects from international firms must be entered in this category.)
- Lighting — Lighting design applied to the entire exhibit
- Technology — Innovative and effective use of technology or technological components within an exhibit
The early deadline for Portable/Modular Award entries is Dec. 2, 2013 and the final deadline is Dec. 9, 2013. For more information or to enter, visit www.ExhibitorOnline.com/PortableModularAwards, or contact Linda Armstrong, program manager, email@example.com.
What are your thoughts on this? We’d like to hear your comments!
Call or email us for information on our products! 630-860-1661 firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Exhibitors With
Trade Show Preparedness
One Booth At a Time…